What is "personal information"?
"Personal information" is information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
What information are we responsible for protecting?
Lunenburg Foundry & Engineering Limited is responsible for protecting your personal information in its possession, including personal information that has been transferred to, or received from, a third party in the course of business activities for which you have consented.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information to:
- Verify your identity
- Understand your needs and eligibility for products and services
- Recommend particular products and services to meet your needs
- Provide ongoing service
- Comply with legal requirements
- Bid on jobs based on your criteria or qualifications
Personal information may be collected, used or disclosed for any of these Identified Purposes set out above. If your personal information is not needed for one of the Identified Purposes, we will not use or disclose it without obtaining additional consent from you.
How do we gather your personal information?
The collection, use and disclosure of your personal information depend on how you do business with us. We may gather information from the following sources:
- From you, or on forms filled out through telephone, e-mail or face-to-face interviews (for example your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, occupation, financial and banking information)
- From your interactions with us (for example, through your invoicing or payment history)
- Or from consumer reporting agencies (for example your credit history)
What you are committing to when you share personal information with us.
If you provide personal information to us or through any of the previously mentioned sources, you do so with the understanding that your personal information may be used or disclosed for the Identified Purposes amongst us, the previously mentioned sources, or third parties and that Lunenburg Foundry may verify such information, or obtain additional personal information about you by checking with government agencies, credit bureaus and other fact collecting and verifying entities to assist us for the Identified Purposes.
Your knowledge and consent are required before we may collect, use or disclose your personal information, except in special circumstances, such as during a fraud investigation, an investigation by the police, or in situations otherwise permitted by the law.
We will not use or disclose your personal information to any third party without your express written consent.
How to provide us with your consent
We accept any of the following as your consent for existing use and future collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the Identified Purposes:
- Your receipt of this Personal Information Policy, unless you advise Lunenburg Foundry
- Engineering Limited, either orally or in writing, that you do not agree with the terms stated in this Policy, and that you wish to opt out of all or portions of it.
- Your express written or oral consent as obtained through an application process.
- Or your consent as provided by your authorized representative, such as a legal guardian or power of attorney.
How you can withdraw your consent
You may withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. Please note, however, that withdrawing your consent may affect our ability to continue to provide you with adequate service. Unless we hear otherwise from you, you are giving to us your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as provided in this Policy for the Identified Purposes.
We protect your information from error, loss and unauthorized access.
Our employees who have access to your information are made aware of how to keep it confidential. Each employee must sign an agreement stating that maintaining confidentiality is a condition of employment with Lunenburg Foundry & Engineering Limited.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Your personal information is retained only as long as we need it to effectively provide products and services to our customers/Clients, and for a reasonable length of time thereafter in case we need to meet any potential obligations or legal or government requirements. Lunenburg Foundry & Engineering Limited shall use care when storing or destroying your personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access.
How do we protect your personal information?
Whether in electronic or paper-based format, Lunenburg Foundry & Engineering Limited maintains strict security systems to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure or misuse. As well, when we no longer need your personal information, we take as much care to destroy it as we do when storing it.
In the event that we transfer your personal information to a third party for processing, we contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect our customers'/clients confidentiality in a manner consistent with our own internal measures, or as required by law.
You're right to access your personal information.
You have a right to access your personal information that we have in our possession or control. You also have a right to know which third parties have received your information from Lunenburg Foundry & Engineering Limited
Lunenburg Foundry & Engineering Limited has the right to refuse your request for access to personal information if:
- The information is protected by solicitor-client privilege
- Granting access would reveal confidential commercial information
- Doing so would reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual
- The information was collected for purposes related to the detection and prevention of fraud
- The information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process
- Or the information would likely reveal personal information about another individual
Lunenburg Foundry & Engineering Limited strives to ensure that the personal information we have on file about you is as accurate and up-to-date as necessary for the Identified Purposes for which it is to be used. If any information needs to be updated or amended to reflect a change in your situation, we make every effort to update our records. Lunenburg Foundry & Engineering Limited shall amend personal information that is materially inaccurate or incomplete and, where appropriate, shall endeavour to advise other parties having access to the information in question.
If you have a complaint, we want to know about it.
If you have a complaint related to this Personal Information Policy or any of our procedures, please Contact Us. If your complaint is justified, we will take the steps necessary to resolve the issue, including amending our Policy and Practices, if necessary.
If we are not able to resolve your concern, or if you have any other concerns about Lunenburg Foundry & Engineering Limited ‘s Personal Information Policy and Procedures, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or, if applicable, the Provincial Privacy Commissioner. Lunenburg Foundry & Engineering Limited’s ISO Representative will provide you with this contact information upon request.